Graduate

Graduate
Western education 2013

Sunday, October 20, 2013

.... an evening of celebrations and emotions....

..... at the Bellamere Winery for a lovely evening wedding last night.

Max woke me up entirely too late in the afternoon and it was great that I didn't have to spend any time to get my hair ready for the evening events.  I had purchased a black scarf to match my evening attire.

We have been invited to a wedding for the son of a close neighbor friend.  I was unable to make it to his fiancee Kylie's bridal shower a few weeks earlier,  so it was really important for us to make this event.  We made it with just minutes to spare at this really lovely venue.  Sue and John, our other close neighbor friends are sitting at the back of the event and we slide in next to them.  The post in front of my chair would not prove to be any sort of hindrance and we were able to witness the joining of two perfectly paired people...  I remember my wedding day.... it was a perfect late August wedding 12 years ago at St. Paul's Cathedral.  It was magical and I married my soul mate that day.  I lean over and put my head on Max's shoulder and my hand across his back.  It seems so long ago...

The dinner was great and after we danced.  I love dancing and I was able to boogie on the dance floor but it didn't take long to realize that I was trying to catch my breath and never quite felt that I was filling my lungs.  Sue was concerned but I assured her that I was just fine...why worry anyone when you are at a wedding.  Then a Jim Croce song began 'Time in a Bottle'.... a song I knew quite well from my choir days in middle school.  I sang this one at a concert.  I turned to find Sue sobbing and apologizing to me.  The tears began to stream down my face when I realized how deeply and emotionally concerned she really was.  We held each other and she kept trying to apologize between wiping her face and hiding it so no one could see her.  Its OK Sue, I am fine for now and while we do not know what is coming our way... the words of the song rang so true.....

Jim Croce - Time in a bottle
If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
Till Eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty
Except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

Jim Croce passed away on September 20, 1973 as a result of a plane crash... he was only 30 years old and the father of a 2 year old boy, Adrian, who would create his own record label Seedling Records.  Jim's wife would open up a restaurant 10 years after his death.... something they had always wanted to do together.

It's a great lesson for all of us on this wedding day to always strive to do want you want to do and to find the time to realize your dreams.... Max and I might not have everything but when I watched him dance from across the room from our teary perch, I couldn't help but laugh uproariously when he was jumping around and dancing to the Y.M.C.A song that played right after.  He is my soul and an amazing human being whom I am just happy to be with no matter where we are or what we are doing.  I love you my amazing husband and I love you Sue for wearing your heart on your sleeve and stopping time for those few minutes when we connected.  I love all my dear friends that were so kind last night and made sure they let me know how much they cared in the words, the gentle hugs and touches throughout the evening.... even the tears that brought my own coursing down my cheeks, the kisses and the 'I love you s '........ I looked around enough to know that you're the ones I want to spend my time with.....

Thank you to my in laws for supper.... I am still tired but happy you came to have dinner with us.  Thanks to the boys for moving my big pots into the kitchen to keep them growing through the winter months.... hopefully they will continue to thrive.  William is homesick but holding his own.  I spent last night texting him to help him smile.  I miss him like crazy and can't wait to see him at Christmas.  Max wants to go on holidays and we will have to see what happens this week with the oncology appointment on Tuesday.  I will find out what the CT scan has to say and am praying that I do not have to do any more chemo.... but he did say he wanted me to do all six and perhaps it will be the last one this Wednesday.  

No comments: